What can you do when Breastfeeding is hard?
Feelings of just wanting to give up are not uncommon.
Will breastfeeding ever become easy?
If you are struggling with low supply, painful breastfeeding or a baby with reflux you may ask yourself these questions.
Every women's breastfeeding journey is unique to them and the time it can take to work through any challenges can vary.
Here are some tips to help you get through this time:
1. Get support - get a plan to help reach your breastfeeding goals
2. Be honest with yourself - do you want to breastfeed? Is this the best decision for you and your family. If the answer is yes, seek help as soon as you can
3. Nearly all breastfeeding challenges have solutions don't struggle alone
4. It is normal to feel like you don't like breastfeeding all of the time, this is usually when you are exhausted
5. WHO recommends exclusive BF to 6 months of age - then BF to two years of age with the addition of complementary foods - there is no right age to BF - the right age is what is right for you and your baby
6. Hang in there, breastfeeding does get easier!! Be positive!
If you need help I can see you within 24-48hrs, so don't struggle alone and make a plan to get you on your way to a happier BF journey. Click here for more details.