Skip to content
10 Must Do's to Successfully Breastfeed
- Breastfeed within the first hour. Research shows BF early increases success and duration of BF.
- Skin to skin - at least one hour immediately after birth, the more the better! Skin to skin, regulates temperature, blood sugars, helps milk production, and promotes bonding.
- Room in
- Don't have a feeding schedule - feed at least 8-12 times in 24 hrs
- Give Colostrum - if your baby won't latch, hand express and give this by syringe or teaspoon.
- Avoid top-ups unless medically necessary
- Limit visitors
- If you can't breastfeed, hand express or pump!
- Ask for help