Incorrect latch - this can lead to low milk supply and painful nipples. Have a read below of some tips that can help:
1. "U" shaped breast
2. Get baby to open mouth wide
3. Aim nipple to nose
4. Chin to breast
5. Babies tongue should drop down
6. Listen for swallows
7. A good feed should last 10-20 mins per side (in the early days)
8. Offer both breasts
9. If its painful, break the seal by inserting your finger into the corner of bubs mouth.
10. Nipple pain peaks day 3-6 but shouldn't last more than 2 weeks. If pain persists see an LC.